Join the Friends as a Volunteer
With no paid staff, the Friends of the San Francisco Birth Center depends on reliable volunteers with all kinds of professional skills to help us fundraise in support of our mission. If you’d be willing to host an event, solicit contributions from your friends and family, or join our general volunteer roster, please SIGN UP HERE!
We invite enthusiastic supporters to take the lead hosting a small fundraising event where you invite friends and family to learn about the Birth Center and the FOSFBC.
- These events are a great way to share your passion for midwifery, and ask friends and family to help support more choices in childbirth for lower-income families in our community.
- If you sign up to host a party, a member of the FOSFBC Board and a Birth Center midwife will attend to answer questions about the Birth Center and help you make the pitch.
- You act as the host and convener, connecting us to your personal network of friends and family you think might be willing to donate to the Friends of the San Francisco Birth Center.
- A house party fundraiser can be an intimate dinner party, a living room film screening, or anything that feels authentic to you as the host.
If you believe in our mission, we hope you will tell your friends and family about us, and ask them to help support the Friends through cash or in-kind donations.
- Use our fundraising support materials to craft personalized letters, emails, and/or social media solicitations for donations from friends and family.
- In lieu of gifts at your next birthday, ask for FOSFBC donations in your honor. You can direct people to donate online HERE.
- Solicit in-kind donations from local businesses. We can use these in fundraising as silent auction items, raffle prizes, etc. We welcome gift certificates for goods or services, liquor, time at weekend getaway houses (Santa Cruz, Tahoe, Stinson, Napa/Sonoma), and anything else you can offer that might help us raise money to support our cause!
When our Board needs help with discrete projects, we draw from our general volunteer roster. Please let us know a little bit about the special skills you have to offer
- Do you have experience with small or large event planning and volunteer coordination?
- Are you adept at social media outreach and communications?
- Can you help with drafting copy for marketing materials or grant writing efforts?
- Do you have graphic design talent or web design skills?
- Could you help us produce multimedia promotional materials to support community outreach efforts and fundraising?
- Are you a local business owner who could offer free venue space, in-kind donations (such as food or alcohol for fundraising events or gift certificates for raffle prizes)?
The Friends of the San Francisco Birth Center is a fiscally sponsored project of the Social Good Fund, a non-profit organization registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3). Tax ID: 46-1323531.
All financial contributions to the FOSFBC via Social Good Fund are 100% tax deductible.